What to Pack
How should you dress your child and what to pack?
Footwear should be enclosed shoes, crocs and/or thongs are not appropriate for safe play. Shoes must be quick and easy to get on and off.
As a registered Sun Safe service we are required to abide by the NSW Cancer Council guidelines:
Tops with elbow-length sleeves, and if possible, collars and knee-length or longer style shorts and skirts are best. Singlet tops or shoestring dresses are NOT appropriate. Children are also required to wear sun-safe hats that protect their face, neck and ears. Sun-safe hats include
Bucket hats with a deep crown and brim size of at least 5cm (adults 6cm).
Broad-brimmed hats with a brim size of at least 6cm (adults 7.5cm).
Legionnaire style hats (flap-hats)
Please insure your child comes wearing sunscreen (not required in winter).
Please ensure ALL items are clearly labelled with your child’s first and last name including shoes and socks.
As children are developing their self-help skills it is important to note that sometimes the odd sock, hat or
item of clothing may get misplaced so please only bring items that are non-precious and won’t be missed. Personal toys are not allowed at Kindy unless it is comforter for rest time, which should be left their bag (special circumstances may apply for younger infants). Please leave ALL toys safely at home (or in the car) as we have lots of resources here for every child to engage with!
If your child is under 2 years of age you will need to pack:
- All bottles filled with powdered (dry and unmixed) formula or breast milk for them to drink throughout the day
- Any special comforters such as a cuddle toy or blanket from home
- A dummy/pacifier (if required) in a labelled sealed container
- A drink bottle for water
- At least 2 spare changes of clothes
- An appropriate sleeping suit/bag (please ask an educator about this)
If your child is over 2 years old you will need to pack:
- An appropriate sleeping suit/bag (please ask an educator about this – a sleep bag/suit may not be required in preschool room)
- At least 2 spare changes of clothes – lots of spare undies and pants if toilet training
- Pull-ups if desired for toilet training
- An extra change of footwear if toilet training